Thursday, September 9, 2010

Starting the class... DUN DUN DUUUUUN

My name is Lucia, and I am a first-year at Wellesley College.

When choosing my schedule, I knew I wanted to do something completely insane and unlike anything I've ever done. I found a first year seminar titled 'Robot Design Studio' and I thought, I can't build anything... I wanna do it! So here I am.

Our first class, Prof. Berg taught us how to program, use, and intensify the PiCO toys. Basically, a little box plugs into the computer; the computer program lets you build chains of actions; you plug fun bobbers into the little box; and you make stuff happen. (It's built for preteens, so it's perfect for college freshmen. So worth the $50,000 of tuition.)

This is a picture of the pre-'Death Trap' Casey and I built. At one point, we got it to play ominous music, wave the little Lego people around, and light up all at once when a button was pressed. I'll put up a video of that shortly. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment